Wyrmshadow: The Duskreign Prophecy
500 – 100 Years Ago
500 years ago: The armies of Imperia and Quae Elfien joined forces in an effort to conquer all lands between the two nations. King Ryndrik of Wind Hollow turned both armies back at the Ilrasi Wilds, causing a rift between Imperia and Quae Elfien that persists to this day. On that same year, the first Grand Tourney was held at the Emerald Arena in Ouldengaard, Imperia. The winner: Sir Kurtis Martok, an ancestor of Drogyn Martok.
- 493 years ago: Onaga the Gray bestows upon Gildwyn the Gold the Egg of Bahamut, his five-hundred years of guardianship of the egg coming at last to an end. Before relinquishing the egg, Onaga carved a relief mural into the stone-like surface of the egg, making a phial of Dragon Ink from the powdery filings of the eggshell. Hundreds of years later, he would tattoo Kogatana Sunagi with that very ink, bonding him with the Dragonmark of Bahamut to the hatchling dragon, Electria.
- 480 years ago: Zook Zylius Zaifoon is born in Bergport in the Great Northern Wastelands.
- 450 years ago: The Impero-Shidiman War erupts when Admiral Kousukei Ryo launches an attack on the city of Freeport.
- 440 years ago: Kelwyn Blacksail, a renowned pirate of the Storm Coast, comes to the aid of the city of Freeport and protects it from falling to the Shidiman invasion fleet, earning him a position as the new Baron of Freeport. The war turns against Shidima due largely to Kelwyn’s pledge to fight alongside the very Imperian ships his Blacksail fleets once fought against.
- 394 years ago: The Emperor of Shidima offers terms for a peace treaty with Imperia. The Freeport Accords would last for six years, establishing that the Unforgiving Ocean as far as 100 nautical miles from their shore was forbidden water for the Shidiman Empire.
- 380 years ago: Onaga the Gray bears witness to the Duskreign Prophecy as telepathically projected by the Prophet Inzaeus.
- 344 years ago: Zook Zylius Zaifoon, through sheer inquisitiveness, locates the remains of the Legendary Wyrm in the Wyrmscar Caverns far beneath the mountainous Rohn Highlands. There he found Castle Dragonskull and was introduced to the Prophet Inzaeus, who showed him the Duskreign Prophecy and inducted him into the Luminous Guardians.
- 300 years ago: A massive number of Weren crossed the Elghann Bay in a bid to settle new colonies on the main continent.
- 292 years ago: The Quae-Freeli War erupts as Weren marauders pushed too close to the borders of Quae Elfien. Queen Aesa of Quae Elfien allied with the Castille Family, a wealthy and affluent family from the West Freelands, to push the Weren back to the coast of the Elghann Bay.
- 280 years ago: The Treaty of Ylish Usuul ended the Quae-Freeli War, with a majority of the Weren retreating back to Freel and a small number of them remaining behind to live a peaceful existence south of the West Freelands.
- 210 years ago: The 290th Annual Grand Tourney ends in tragedy when a sudden, violent thunderstorm sends lightning that set the commoner seats ablaze and collapsed the roof of the Emperor’s Tower. Then Emperor Aldamar had no known living heirs, and so a ten year War of Succession would begin before the year was over.
- 200 years ago: Koslov XX is crowned Emperor of Imperia after winning a ten-year-long war that caused horrible damage and destruction in the city. Rumors persist that Koslov used dark magics to call the unusual thunderstorm that ended the life of Emperor Aldamar in retaliation for the violent uprising, led by Aldamar’s ancestors a thousand years prior, ended the First Koslov Dynasty when Koslov XIX was slain in the Battle at Vengeance Valley.
- 199 years ago: The Silver Dragon, Argentum, relocates Ilda and Kalya Aldamar, the only remaining
heirs to the Aldamar Dynasty, to the West Freelands, where they took the new surname Argentix in reverence for his help in escaping from Koslov’s assassins.
- 172 years ago: Godrick Castille convinces the people of the West Freelands to pool their resources and build a harbor in the north, supplementing their income by placing an international high-security prison on a tiny island off the shore of the city. Calling the town Kaselon, the Castille family reaped the benefits of being majority owners of the town, thus cementing their rule over the West Freelands.
- 150 years ago: Godrick Castille declares that the West Freelands are henceforth to be known as the Castillands. There is little resistance to the decision.
- 140 years ago: Ma’Thius Pa’Vayne begins recruiting witches and warlocks to form a dark coven called the Hellbrood.
- 110 years ago: the 390th Grand Tourney ends without a champion being declared, as it is revealed that both Sir Misen Blackburn and Sir Dovernus Quinn poisoned one another prior to the final battle, dying on their own horses before they left the paddocks for the first joust.